1 1/2 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups jasmine rice
2 tsp lime zest
2 limes, juiced
2 tsp butter
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 – 1/2 cup chicken stock
2 pinches of salt, if needed after rice has finished cooking
1. In a sauce pan add rice, water, coconut milk, tsp of salt, butter, lime zest
2. Bring the ingredient to a boil and stir frequently
3. If the rice begins to stick add half of your lime juice and half of your chicken stock. Place lid on the sauce pan and reduce heat to low
4. After about 5 minutes of the rice on low heat remove the lid and add about half of your cilantro and stir. Again if your rice is sticking add more chicken stock and the rest of your lime juice. Place the lid back over the rice and cook for another 5 minutes on low
5. After a total of 10 minutes of cooking remove the lid to stir rice.
6. Add the second half of your cilantro and taste for seasoning. You might need to add your extra amount of salt, if needed.
7. Again cover with the lid for another 5 minutes, the rice should be done cooking after a total of 15 minutes of cooking.
8. If your rice still has a bite to it, continue to add chicken stock and repeat steps above.
9. Best served with jerk shrimp
Leave a Reply