I’m not gong to lie, I didn’t inherent my Grandma Carlson’s green thumb when it came to growing or planting flowers. Basically, I would forget to water my potted plants and then low and behold they would die (I know you are shocked). I decided I was wasting way way way to much money on fresh herbs at the grocery store every week and gave my green thumb another chance. Low and behold if you water plants everyday they are actually pretty hard to kill! So my challenge to you is to plant your most used/favorite herb and start saving your money!!!!
1. Plant your favorite herbs (this is cilantro, we use a TON of it)
2. Once it has grown enough to cut, give your plant a flat top (it makes for equal growing in the pot)
3. Wash your fresh herbs, wrap them in a paper towel, and throw in a zip lock bag
4. Date the outside of the bag so you know when your herbs were harvested
5. Find a great recipe to use your home grown herbs in….or…..share with neighbors if you have extra
Extra: we have rosemary, basil, mint, cilantro, jalapenos peppers, and poblano peppers in our backyard (TIP: herbs can be used for fun drinks too, not just food)
Mint = mojitos