I have the best tip when it comes to cutting up a watermelon! How I cut a watermelon makes it so much easier and cleaner for you when you want to have a great summer treat. Alright lets get started…
1. Cut your watermelon in half and lay the flat part onto your cutting board
2. Now cut your melon into strips
3. Rotate your cutting board, not the melon because you want to keep everything lined up, and cut strips going the other direction.
4. By rotating and cutting into strips the other direction you cut the melon into little squares like a checker board
5. Repeat all the steps on the other half of the watermelon and voila you have a new way of cutting up your watermelon
TIPS: for kids just add Popsicle sticks into the green rind and you have created a watermelon pop!
Leave a Reply