There is nothing I enjoy more than entertaining a fun group of people. Whether its a football party, baby shower, bridal shower, or just a group of friends getting together for a girls’ night it can be stressful planning. Here are some tips that help my “type A” personality, and that also help me enjoy my time with friends and family vs stressing.
1. Have a theme. Themes keep me on track vs trying to plan one hundred different things and ideas. My example here is Dr. Seuss for a twins baby shower.
2. Have a central location for food. Make sure it is in an area where it is easy to move so people don’t get congested. I normally like to have a decorative center piece and then place serving dishes around it.
3. Your friends want to help…..LET THEM!!! This is by far the hardest for me. I like to have my “T’s” crossed and my “I’s” dotted, and to trust others is hard for me. Remember to take a deep breath and just let others bring a helpful dish, it will be MUCH easier on you in the long run. You will thank me for this tip, promise!
4. Personalize the party. My example here is I tried to personalize the two boy’s names everywhere so the mom to be could take the decorations home.
5. Have a drink station!!!!! Whether you drink or not you guests might, so make sure it is an option. A mimosa bar is perfect for drinkers and none drinkers. If you drink help yourself, if you don’t then you have different juice options to choose from.
6. For a baby shower have a sign in area/gift for the mom to be. Obviously on a girls’ night this isn’t necessary.
7. Make sure your house is labeled for new people that might not know where you live. It always puts your guests at ease when they aren’t searching for your house and it is properly labeled for them.
8. Have a take home gift for your guests. It can be something exremely small or a bag of goodies, reguardless it shows them that you are thankful they came!
9. Enjoy your friends once they get there, stop fussing about details nobody even sees or knows about. HAVE FUN!!!!
Leave a Reply