5 pound rib roast; I like bone in
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees F
2. Generously salt and pepper your meat
3. Get a cast iron pan screaming hot. Add a little olive oil to the cast iron
4. Sear all sides of your roast
5. Once all the sides are seared place the meat onto your roasting pan
6. Place the pan into oven and roast about 1 hour per pound. My largest tip is to continue to temp your meat so you don’t over cook this very expensive piece of meat. Rare is 120-125 degrees and medium is 140-145 degrees. I personally like to pull it at rare because it will continue to cook while resting to medium rare at 135 degrees.
7. Now breath, you just successfully cooked your family one of the best pieces of meat if you ask me! Just make sure you cover your meat with foil and let it rest for ten minutes after removing from the oven. You need all your juices to stay in the meat vs on your cutting board!
8. Slice and serve to you and your family.