Pomegranate Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 pomegranate; seeded
Pomegranate Christmas Cocktail
1 bottle prosecco; you get 4 glasses per 1 bottle
4-5 T pomegranate simple syrup; per glass
1 pomegranate; seeded and freeze seeds
decorative sugar; to rim glass
2. While the sugar and water are doing their thing lets peal two pomegranates. One pomegranate for the simple syrup mixture and one pomegranate to add to our cocktails.
(What a whole pomegranate looks like)
6. Take the other half of your pomegranate seeds and put into a zip lock bag. Place those in the freezer. This small tip not only acts as an ice cube to keep your drink cool, but also gives wonderful flavor for your cocktail.
1. Start off by pouring a little decorative white sugar onto a small plate. We are going to rim our festive glasses (champagne, wine, or cocktail glasses) to help create the AWWW effect.
2. To get the sugar to stick to the rim of your cocktails glasses, you will need to dip the rim of your glass into the pomegranate simple syrup (creating our sticky element). Immediately dip your glass into the decorative sugar, and it will stick beautifully. This too will add another layer of flavor to your cocktail.
3. Add 4-5 T of pomegranate simple syrup to each glass (or more if you like it sweeter)
4. Finally place 2-3 T of your frozen pomegranate seeds in each glass, and top off with your bubbly of choice.
***TIP: To open a prosecco bottle without spilling/exploding, twist the cork and bottle in opposite directions and pull. I don’t know why it works, but it does!!!
***TIP: Here are some fun holiday glasses for a reasonable price…just click on the link below!
Leave a Reply