1 pkg caramel, small individual wrapped squares
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
1 pkg large marshmallows
1 box rice crispy
1. Place half a box of rice crispy into a large bowl and set aside
2. Create a double broiler with a metal bowl and sauce pan. A double broiler is….a saucepan with a detachable upper compartment (metal bowl) heated by boiling water in the lower one (small sauce pan). Fill your sauce pan with about 2 cups of water over medium heat, and place the metal bowl on the sauce pan making sure it does not touch the water.
3. Creating a double broiler allows the caramel mixture not to burn
4. Melt the caramel squares, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in the metal bowl. I will just go ahead and say sorry now because pealing the wrappers off ALL the caramels gets quit annoying, but totally worth it!!!
5. Once the caramel mixture is completely melted its time to skewer the marshmallows. I normally do two at a time, but if this is your first time making start with one marshmallow at a time until you get the hang of it.
6. Place a marshmallow onto a skewer and dip into the caramel mixture
7. Once the marshmallow is coated with caramel sauce use a spare skewer to scrape the marshmallow off the current skewer. Place the covered marshmallow into the rice crispy bowl and coat thoroughly
8. Continue to do this process until the caramel mixture is gone or marshmallows are gone
***TIP: Once they are cooled try one, they are so amazing and the marshmallow stays soft until the last one is gone!!!