1 pound chicken breasts; raw
1 box chicken stock
15 oz can diced tomatoes; strained
15 oz can whole kernel corn; rinsed
15 oz can black beans; rinsed
10 oz can rotel
7 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; leave whole while cooking
7 oz can diced green chilies
1 purple onion; diced
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 T kosher salt
1 bunch of cilantro; chopped
8oz sour cream
1 block Monterey Jack cheese; shredded
1. First off this is the easiest dish ever and makes your house smell wonderful. Start out by pulling out your trusty Crock-Pot (aka slow cooker)
2. To the crock-pot add your raw chicken breasts, chicken stock, strained diced tomatoes, rinsed corn and black beans, rotel, whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and green chilies.
3. Dice up your purple onion and add that to your crock-pot. Also add your salt, cumin and chili powder.
4. Give all the ingredients in your crock-pot a big stir
5. Place your crock-pot on high and just cover with the lid. In 4-6 hours your will have a wonderful surprise.
***TIP: if you don’t need to eat for 8-10 hours, place your crock-pot on low for the cooking process instead of high.
6. Ok, it has literally been hours since you have paid any attention to your dinner for this evening. Lets remove your cooked chicken breasts and cooked chipotle peppers if they haven’t broken up in the cooking process.
7. Shred your chicken and dice your chipotle peppers and place them back into your crock-pot. Give it a good stir and you have made a delicious dinner, with no stress, for your family
***TIP: this soup can pack some heat, depending on how spicy your chipotle peppers are. Unfortunately, you don’t actually ever know how spicy they are until you taste the final product. The way to cut the heat is to add a dollop of sour cream into your soup before eating.
8. Also, before serving to everyone I also like to chop up some cilantro and shred monterey jack cheese. (Yes, shred a block of cheese vs buying a pre shredded bag its a HUGE money savor.)