pam none sticking spray
2 packages Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup the your remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture
1. First thing is first, pre heat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. Find a bunt pan, and spray a nice coat of your none stick pam. This is super important otherwise your monkey bread will sticking in the pan and never come out after baking!!
3. Find a small mixing bowl and add your cinnamon and sugar. Give it a good mix so there isn’t clumps of one or the other in the bowl
4. Open up your biscuits. Use your scissors to cut the biscuits into fourths.
5. Place the biscuit fourths into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat evenly.
6. Once coated place them into your sprayed bunt pan.
7. Continue to repeat this step until all your biscuits are cut into fourth, coated, and place into the bunt pan
8. Now it is time to make your glaze to pour over your biscuits…..
1. Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat and add your two sticks of butter
2. Once your butter starts to melt add your brown sugar and 1/2 cup remains from your cinnamon-sugar mixture
3. Constantly whisk this until it comes to a boil and combines
4. Once to a boil turn the heat off and pour over your biscuits
***TIP: be very careful when pouring the hot sugar mixture over the biscuits because it can burn you very fast and very bad!
5. Ok, the glaze is poured over and you are ready to place the monkey bread into the oven.
I personally like to place my bunt pan onto a cookie sheet incase any of the monkey bread spills over into the oven. Cleaning a pan is significantly easier than cleaning your oven if something spills over.
Bake the money bread for 30-35 minutes
6. After you finished baking the monkey bread let is sit for about 3-5 minutes
7. Place a large plate over the top of your bunt pan and invert the bread onto the plate. It should easily come out and all the extra caramel sauce will spill over the monkey bread
8. Serve on the large plate and just allow everyone pull off the amount they desire with their fingers. Its gooey and sooooo sweet, so make sure you pour a HUGE glass of milk to accompany your breakfast!!
My hungry/growing nephew came up to bow hunt with my husband this weekend from FL. I made it after a morning hunt for breakfast, and before I could get a plate they almost completely destroyed the Monkey Bread. So if you are baking for teenagers or hungry hunters you might want to make two!!!!
Leave a Reply