15 oz regular jimmy dean sausage
1 large handfuls shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 – 3/4 cups Bisquick (just enough to combine mixture to stick)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a bowl mix sausage, shredded cheddar cheese, and Bisquick until combined thoroughly (I use my hands to get it mixed properly)
3. Start forming sausage balls with your hands, about the size of a golf ball
***TIP: score the sausage with you hands, breaking your sausage into quarters. This will help you form more uniform sausage balls
4. Take a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper so the sausage balls don’t stick while baking
5. Place balls onto parchment paper and cook for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes check the balls. Sometimes I cook for an extra 10 minutes if they haven’t browned.
7. After my baking time has concluded, I pull a ball out and cut into it to see if they are fully cooked. Plus, this allows me to eat at least one before everyone devours them!
***TIP: I typically double the recipe if I’m having more than just Tanner and myself! Also, spicy jimmy deans sausage is good to use too when you double the recipe; so it’s one regular to one spicy sausage.
Leave a Reply