3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda mixed in 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour your loaf pan (or use mini loaf pans like I do; four mini pans work for this recipe)
2. In your mixer on medium speed cream together the butter and sugar
3. Peal your overripe bananas onto a paper plate. Smash extremely well with a fork, this will help it combine better in your bread mixture vs throwing a whole banana into the mixture.
4. Add your mashed bananas and eggs to the butter mixture
5. Mix salt and flour in a separate bowl
6. Mix buttermilk and baking soda in a separate bowl (this will double in size, good chemistry experiment, so make sure you have enough room if using a small bowl)
7. Alternate your buttermilk mixture and flour mixture to your banana batter on medium low speed; making sure you finish with the flour mixture
8. Add vanilla to mixture
9. If adding nuts turn the mixer off and stir in with a spatula (not my favorite but some people like it)
10. Pour bread mixture into your loaf pan or mini pans.
11. Cook until the center is firm and the sides pull away from the pan
12. Remove from the loaf pan by running a knife around the corners of the pan. Place the bread on a cooling wrack to sit up.