Arugula Salad With Russian Dressing
Cooking Time: 20 minutes; Yields 2-4
1 T white onion; minced
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
4 tsp horseradish
1 tsp Frank’s hot sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 container arugula
4-8 pieces thick cut bacon; 2 pieces per person
- Add 1/4 of an onion to your food processor and pulse a couple times to chop
- Add your mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, franks hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, paprika, and salt to your food processor. Run your food processor until everything is mixed thoroughly. Also, give it a small taste test to see if you need any more of one ingredient (normally the recipe is pretty spot on and you don’t need to add anything).
- This dressing keeps up to 4 weeks in a sealed container, refrigerated.
- While your dressing is cooling in the refrigerator lets start the bacon
- Place a cast iron, sauté pan, or whatever you have that can hold the bacon over medium low heat. The secret to bacon is to cook it low and slow. I try to turn the bacon at least three times on each side. By using this cooking method, it allows it to cook without getting too hot and burning.
- Place the bacon on a couple paper towels, when done cooking, to help soak up any excess grease
- Lets assemble the salad. Place all the arugula into a large mixing bowl. Place 4-6 T of Russian dressing over the salad. You may find you want more or less dressing, so remember you can always add but it’s hard to take dressing away.
- Once you have all your leaves coated with dressing, plate up the arugula and top with two pieces of bacon per serving.
- Y’all this is the MOST low maintenance salad ever and tastes sooooo…..good. We literally have it once a week.