|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hours|
- 1 packet organic acai puree frozen
- 1/4 cup strawberries frozen
- 1/4 cup blueberries frozen
- 1 banana cubed and frozen
- 1/4 cup granola
- 3-4 strawberries quartered
- 15-20 blueberries
- 1 T sweetened coconut shredded
- 1 T honey or agave
- 1 splash apple juice optional
- I heard about this new fad out here on the east coast called playa bowls. For the life of me I couldn't understand the craze...that was until I had one for breakfast. I knew I would then crave and want the ease of a healthy and fast breakfast. But anyone who knows me knows I won't drive to get one every morning and I won't pay for something I can make at home. Y'all this is my version of a playa bowl.
- What is a playa bowl you ask?!?! It is a fresh smoothie topped with fresh fruit of your liking. I'm obsessed with the acai berries that helps with anti aging, weight loss, etc. It's a "superfood." Ok, enough about how much I like these, lets start making them!
- The night before you go to bed, place 1/4 cup of strawberries, blueberries, and a whole banana in the freezer. This way the fruit will be ready for you in the morning.
- When you wake up get our your handy blender because this bowl will go fast. Put the frozen acai puree packet in the blender; along with your frozen strawberries, blueberries, and banana. Given everything a good blend until smooth. ***TIP: If this seems like the frozen items won't break down then add a splash of apple juice to help the blender out to puree everything.
- After you have blended everything smooth, pour into a bowl. Top the smoothie mixture with fresh strawberries, blueberries, granola, and sweetened coconut. I then drizzle honey over the top for a little sweetness.
- That's it!!! I also use these for a snack later in the day because it reminds me of ice cream. Enjoy!!!
Leave a Reply