|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 ahi tuna steak diced (wild caught fish is best)
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce soy sauce can be used for a substitute
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger diced
- 1 tsp jalapeño pepper diced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro diced
- 2 wedges lime to squeeze over tartare tower
- We are going to start out by dicing our ingredients for the tuna tartare. This has to sit for at least 30 minutes, but an hour is preferred to develop great flavors. So....dice your tuna, green onions, ginger (or even do the squeeze ginger to save time), jalapeño pepper, and toss into a bowl. Also, add tamari sauce, sesame seeds, and finally sesame oil to the tuna bowl. Give a good stir, cover with plastic cling, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After about 30 minutes of refrigerating lets prep the rest of our tartare tower. Dice up the avocado, mango, and cilantro. The key to a tower is to try to make everything the same size dice (when it comes to the tuna, mango, and avocado).
- Ok, lets build the tower! Use a ring cooking mold, or even a biscuit cutter to help mold the tower. Start with 3-4 T of avocado. Second layer is a sprinkle of diced cilantro. Third layer is 3-4 T of mango. Finally, the top layer is the marinated ahi tuna. ***TIP: When building each layer push it down with the back of your spoon so it forms to the mold firmly.
- Last but not least top the tuna with a couple sprinkles of sesame seeds, and a lime wedge on the plate to squeeze over when you serve! You just made homemade sushi!!!! Enjoy!!!
Leave a Reply