|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup multi colored quinoa
- 1 cup water or chicken stock chicken stock will give more flavor
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 tomato diced
- 2 slices prosciutto seared and diced
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 1 egg over easy
- 1 T everything bagel seasoning find at trader joes
- 1 drizzle sriracha sauce optional
- Start out by making your quinoa because that takes the longest. Place a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Add your stock (or water), butter, and quinoa to the pan. Cook according to the instruction on the back of the quinoa package. It is very similar to cooking rice.
- While you quinoa is cooking find a small sauté pan and sear your prosciutto. Place the sauté pan over medium heat and only sear for 1-2 minutes per side. This will give your prosciutto a nice crunch. ***TIP: You can also substitute any protein of choice. You could use bacon, ham, pancetta, etc. This is just what I had on hand this particular morning.
- Now that the prosciutto is done slice and dice your avocado, prosciutto, and tomato.
- By now your quinoa should be done cooking. Take a fork and fluff the quinoa...this will help break up any clumps after it was done cooking.
- Time to build our bowl. Place the quinoa in the bottom of a bowl. Top the quinoa with avocado, tomato, and prosciutto. I also like to sprinkle on "everything bagel seasoning" from trader joes. It gives it a ton of flavor!
- I know y'all are thinking...what about the egg??? No I haven't forgot about it. I just like to have my bowl built before cooking the egg because that is something that cooks very fast. To cook the egg place a small sauté pan over medium heat with a little olive oil in the pan. Crack the egg in the pan and cook until desired. I like my yoke runny so its only a couple minutes on each side.
- Again sprinkle the "everything bagel seasoning" over the egg instead of salt and pepper to flavor it. Top the quinoa bowl with the egg and enjoy!!! ***TIP: I like to drizzle sriracha sauce over my bowl for a little added spice. This is totally optional but I thought I would pass my spicy secret along!
Leave a Reply