|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||12-24 hours|
- Let me start off by saying this is the EASIEST bread recipe ever. It is fool proof!!!! The bonus behind making this is...your house will smell AMAZING. Give it a go and let me know in the comments below what you think.
- Ok lets get started. I normally do everything the night before so it can rise and do its thing while I sleep. So....in a large mixing bowl add flour, salt, and yeast. Combine all ingredients.
- Add the hot water to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can use a mixer for this (mix with the bread hook), or you can do what I do and mix everything with my hands in the bowl. I hate having extra clean up so this keeps it easy. ***TIP: be careful not to burn your fingers if your water is crazy hot.
- So everything should be combined; cover with plastic wrap and rise for 12-18 hours. ***TIP: Keep the bowl in a warm area, NOT a cold or refrigerated area. This will kill the yeast and it won't rise. (Sleep tight if you made it the night before)
- I'm assuming everyone took my advice to do it the night before, so good morning, lets start the day off right. Pre heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Once your oven has reached 450 degrees F place a dutch oven into the warm oven with the lid on. It needs to stay in the oven for 30 minutes (yes with nothing in it). Whatever you do DO NOT cheat this step.
- Knead your dough into a ball and place back into the mixing bowl. I normally place plastic wrap back over the bowl (because I have dogs) until the dutch oven is heated.
- Finally 30 minutes has passed and it's time to place the dough into the hot dutch oven. Add the dough and replace the lid. Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you are going to be AMAZED. Remove from the oven and open the lid. HOLY SMOKES you just made bread. Guys this bread is the easiest and one of the best breads ever. Set on a cooling wrack before digging in so you don't burn yourself.
- I hope y'all enjoy this as much as I do!! XOXO "How do you tell how good the bread is without tasting it? Not the smell, not the look, but the sound of the crust!" - Ratatouille
Leave a Reply