12 asparagus stems
12 slices prosciutto
1-2 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 pinch black pepper
1. Wash fresh asparagus with cold water before cooking
2. Set the asparagus on a paper towel so it dries off before cooking
***TIPS: if you put wet veggies in hot oil it will spit at you and possibly burn you, so make sure it is dry!!
3. Now its time to peal apart those tiny/thin strips of prosciutto that frustrate the heck out of me because I ALWAYS tear them in two. This time I have the upper hand when it comes to separating the prosciutto because I actually want two long pieces to wrap with the asparagus!!
4. Take one of the two pieces of prosciutto and start wrapping from the bottom of the asparagus stem, leaving a little of the stem showing
5. You will probably wrap the first 1/4 of the asparagus stem with the first prosciutto piece
6. With the second prosciutto piece finish wrapping the asparagus towards the tip of the asparagus stem until it meets the floret. Make sure you stop short of the top just like you did at the bottom when wrapping. You will have about a 1/2 inch on the top and bottom of the asparagus stem showing after you have finished wrapping the stems
7. Once you have finished wrapping all your asparagus stems, place a sauté pan over medium heat with olive oil
8. Once you oil is hot add your wrapped asparagus and cook about 1-2 minutes on all sides of the stems until golden brown
9. Right before you finish cooking the stems add your butter and black pepper to the pan and toss all the stems in the butter
10. Remove and serve with your favorite cut of meat