16oz bag large marshmallows
1 stick butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 package peanut butter M&Ms
Pam butter spray
1. Spray a 9×9 cake pan (3 inch depth) with Pam so the Rice Krispies don’t stick to the pan when setting up.
***TIP: Square, deep pans make larger treats vs long, shallow pans make small treats (GO BIG, OR GO HOME!)
2. Measure out your Rice Krispie Treats into a large mixing bowl and set aside. You will pour melted marshmallows over the Rice Krispies later so it is important to do this step before you start your marshmallows
3. Place a large sauce pan over medium low to medium heat
4. Add a stick of butter into the sauce pan and melt
5. Once your butter has melted add your marshmallows. Sometimes you have to add them in batches, allowing the marshmallows to melt down a little so they don’t spill over the sides of the sauce pan
6. This next step is VERY VERY IMPORTANT…..constantly stir the marshmallow and butter mixture so the marshmallows don’t burn. This will also take some time, so patients are key!
7. Ok, once your marshmallows have melted pour them over the Rice Krispies you already measured out in the large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly
8. Now it is time to add the star of the show…peanut butter M&Ms. I normally poor them in the mixing bowl in two batches so it spreads evenly.
9. Next pour the now very sticky Rice Krispie mixture into the 9×9 cake pan. Grab a new spatula and spray the new spatula with Pam cooking spray. This allows you to evenly spread the treats without making your spatula a sticky mess!
10. Have the treats set up for at least and hour and then dig in!
Leave a Reply