1 avocado; pitted and sliced
5 oz salmon filet; skin removed
2-3 c. watercress greens
1/2 shallot; sliced
2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 T honey
1 pinch salt
1. Juice half a grapefruit and it should give you about 1/2 c. worth of juice. Place the juice into a jar you can seal and shake
2. Add olive oil, honey, rice wine vinegar, and salt to the jar of grapefruit juice. Place the lid on and shake. Everything will combine and there you have it…dressing.
4. After about 5-7 minutes flip your salmon over and kill the heat. I don’t have a lid for my cast-iron pans, so I place aluminum foil over the top and steam for 10 minutes. This should cook your salmon to about medium. If you want your fish cooked more than medium then add an extra 2-3 minutes of steaming time.
5. While your fish is steaming lets cut up the grapefruit, avocado, and shallot. Place those in with the cleaned watercress greens.
6. Finally you fish is done. Place it on your plate and toss your greens with the grapefruit dressing.
7. A very easy and healthy meal!