Pico De Gallo & Avocado Green Sauce
2-3 T pico de gallo; left over from the night before
1 egg per person; over easy
1-2 T monterey jack cheese
1 tostada shell per person; or 1 pan fried corn tortilla per person
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 T olive oil
1/2 T butter
4. Find another small sauté pan and place it over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to the pan, this will keep the egg from sticking while cooking.
***TIP: The oil can take a higher heat without burning, but the butter helps add flavor when cooking your egg.
5. Crack your egg into your warm pan and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. While your egg is frying lets build our tostada. I like to layer my avocado green sauce on first. I then have all my other ingredients waiting to top my egg with when it has finished cooking.
7. When the egg white has turned white you can either flip your egg to finishing cooking it on the other side or you can turn off the heat and place a lid on top of the sauté pan. I do both, but for this breakfast I just killed the heat and placed a small lid over the pan to seal the heat. This still allows your egg to finish cooking, but decreases the chance of breaking the yolk when flipping your egg.
***TIP: If you still want a runny yolk only cover you egg for 30-45 seconds.
8. Place your fried egg onto your tostada shell. Top it with pico de gallo and monterey jack cheese (or whatever cheese you have in your refrigerator).
9. Who knew you could make such a delicious breakfast with left overs?!?! All you truly needed to make this was a tostada shell and egg.
Leave a Reply