- New York City restaurants are all good, otherwise they wouldn't make it! If they have an "A" rating outside the window you probably will have a good experience. I personally turn eating into an adventure when we go into the city. I like to find the restaurants that are unique, off the beaten path, and have history behind it. This is one of those restaurants.
- Tiny's is a three story townhouse located on West Broadway in the heart of Tribeca. The building dates back to 1810, yes let me repeat myself 1810, and has much of its original materials in the restaurant itself.
- When researching the "tiny" restaurant I kept seeing posts about brunch and how delicious it was, so I tried it out. Tanner and I met some friends from out of town there, and discovered the "tiniest" of treasure in Tribeca.
- What to drink...I had their Bloody Mary and it was AMAZING! I am a Bloody Mary snob, so when I say it was delicious let me tell you it was delicious. It had a perfect blend of tomato, vodka, and spice. Not to mention the garnish was quite delicious too.
- For brunch I had their New York Benedict. Again, I'm an Eggs Benedict snob as well. I know what I like, and I know I can make it really well at home. So, when I pay $16 it better be good. Theirs consisted of cured salmon and a dill creme sauce instead of a hollandaise sauce. It was so satisfying and fresh, I could eat it once a week. The greens served with it added an extra amount of freshness, and balanced everything out perfectly!
- Did I mention you are also just a couple blocks from the 9/11 memorial. Please also take note I said memorial NOT tourist site. Many people in NYC lost their lives that day, and many loved ones will never see them again. Please go see it and pay your respects to one of the largest tragedies on US soil, but also remember it isn't a play ground. It isn't a tourist site. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE treat it with the respect it deserves.
- Under my recipe notes I will place the website and location for Tiny's and the Bar Upstairs. Enjoy!!!
Address: 135 W Broadway, New York, NY 10013
TIP: You can book a reservation on http://www.opentable.com as well
Leave a Reply