|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 3 sticks butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 3 cups cake flour sifted
- 1 T salt yes you will use both salt quantities in the cake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powder sugar sifted over the cake after fully baked
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Also, go ahead and butter and flour you bunt pan so that is out of the way.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment add butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Also, you might need to scrape down the sides of the bowl to mix everything thoroughly. ***TIP: If you don't have a mixer don't sweat it...just use a large bowl and a hand held mixer. Life's good, no worries!
- Next add salt (1 T and 1 tsp), vanilla extract, and almond extract to the butter mixture.
- While that is incorporating, crack all your eggs into a small bowl. Once they are all cracked and shell free add them to the butter mixture. ***TIP: ALWAYS crack your eggs into a smaller container vs directly into the batter. The egg could be bad, you could accidentally crack a shell in the batter, or do what I did and drop the whole dang thing in (call me Grace). Yep I learned my lesson, crack them into a small bowl and dump into the batter separately.
- Ok, while the eggs are incorporating with the butter mixture lets sift our cake flour into a medium size bowl. ***True Story: Guys you are going to laugh...I used a small fine mesh skimmer that is made for removing fried foods for a long time, because I didn't have a sifter. You can use whatever you have in your kitchen, as long as it gets the job done. Now, I have a brand new sifter compliments of a rummage sale that cost me 50 cents. Yes I'm cheap (cost effective) and I'm ok with it!!
- Ok, sorry I got side tracked...back to the cake. Sift the flour, turn your mixer down to low, and add the flour to your batter mixture. ***TIP: Add the flour in batches otherwise you will have flour all over the place, and it incorporates better into the batter in batches.
- Our batter is done! Take a one cup measure and use that to spoon out your cake batter into your bunt pan; allowing you to evenly distributing the batter throughout the pan.
- Bake the cake for 90 minutes. Yes that is a long time, but don't forget we are baking it at a cooler temperature. ***TIP: Once I can smell it, I always check on my cake just incase it cooks faster than expected.
- Once the cake is cook through, invert the cake pan onto a cake plate and let cool. Once cooled sift powder sugar over the top instead of frosting! Enjoy!!!
- Words of wisdom "Skinny people are easier to kidnap, stay safe and eat some cake!"
***Side Note...This goes great with coffee in the morning too. Who says you can't have cake for breakfast, not me!!!
Leave a Reply