|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 6 individual angel food cakes store bought
- 1 container strawberries quartered
- 1 pineapple cored and cut into rings
- 1 container cool whip store bought
- 2 T sugar
- This is one of my favorite, light summer desserts. It is also one of the easiest desserts ever because I let the store help me put it together, you don't always have to be superwoman and bake everything yourself!
- So whenever we have the grill on, is when I make this dessert. If you haven't cooked anything on the grill then go outside and fire that baby up. We are going to grill our pineapple on it, to help bring out a smoky/sweet taste to our dessert.
- While your grill is heating up. Wash your strawberries. Cut the stems off and quarter them. After you have cut all the strawberries place them into a bowl and add sugar. This will help create a little sauce to spoon over the cakes.
- While the strawberries are doing their thing lets cut up our pineapple. You can use the store and buy it already cut into rings or you can do it yourself. Either way works. To cut a pineapple yourself just cut off the top (crown), trim off the rind, and cut into rings. I like to use a biscuit cutter to ring out the core. That's it, you just cut up your own pineapple!
- Ok, the grill should be hot. Place the pineapple rings on the grill. Grill for about 3-5 minutes per side if you want those really nice grill marks. Remove after they are finished and bring them inside to complete our dessert.
- Time to build our individual desserts. Take the small, store made angel food cakes and cut them in half horizontally.
- On the bottom cake spoon some cool whip over the cake, next add the grilled pineapple, top the pineapple with more cool whip, and top it off with the other angel food cake half.
- For the topping, add more cool whip and top that with strawberries. I then like to surround the cake with strawberries and some of that wonderful strawberry juice. The cake will soak up the strawberry juice and add more flavor to your dessert.
- I hope y'all enjoyed this very store friendly, grilled dessert!!
Leave a Reply