|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4-1 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Lets start by placing a sauté pan over medium heat. To the pan add your pine nuts, and toast until they become fragrant. ***TIP: make sure the pan is dry, do not add oil because the nuts have a natural oil they give off while toasting ***TIP: they toast up fast, don't walk aways because they could burn
- In a food processor add basil, chives, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts, salt & pepper, and parmesan cheese. Pulse it a couple times to chop all the ingredients.
- Now, turn you food processor on. Slowly pour in olive oil to the herb mixture.
- Once combined add it to pasta or place in a sealable container and refrigerate. ***TIP: a good way to freeze pesto is to place it in ice cube trays. One cube normally serves one person; so it is wonderful for nights it is just you and you don't want to over cook!
Leave a Reply