- This will be a huge game changer for you when using pearl onions. I absolutely LOVE them but hated peeling them. This small step will make them fool proof and perfect for stews/soups during the winter! Lets get started...
- Add water to a sauce pan and place it over medium high heat...bring to a boil.
- Once the water hits a boil add all the pearl onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain the onions and run cold water over them, so they are easy to handle. If they are too hot even after running cold water over them, just let them sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the tips off the onions, and squeeze at the root. The onion will literally pop out of the skin. YEP THAT EASY!
- If there is any root remaining just remove. There you have it...the easiest way to peel pearl onions!
Leave a Reply