|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||45 minutes|
- 1 pound chicken tenders cubed
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 purple (red) onion cubed
- 1 zucchini cubed
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fox point seasoning Penzeys Spices
- 2 T butter for the rice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Lets start by turning our oven on to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan add chicken stock, rice, and butter. Bring everything to a boil, reduce heat to medium once it hits a boil, and place a lid over the sauce pan. The rice should take about 30-45 minutes to cook.
- While the rice is cooking we are going to roast our chicken and veggies all on one pan. This makes for a very very quick clean up.
- Start by washing all your veggies. Cube the zucchini, purple onion and chicken tenders. Also cut the broccoli in to florets. ***TIP: Cube the chicken last so you don't contaminate your knife
- After you have cut all your veggies and chicken find a medium size mixing bowl. I personally like to add my just my tomatoes to the bowl first. Toss with about 2-3 T of avocado oil, and a heavy pinch of fox point seasoning. After all the tomatoes are coated with oil and seasoning, pour them onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. ***TIP: When pouring each group of veggies onto the sheet pan I like to make a long straight line so they don't mix while baking. For no reason other than it looks nice and I'm a type "A" person.
- You are going to repeat the same process with your zucchini, purple onion, and broccoli.
- After all your veggies are done, that is when we will do the exact same thing to the chicken. You do the chicken last so you don't contaminate the bowl with raw meat. Nobody needs to get sick while meal prepping. So again, coat the chicken with avocado oil, toss with fox point, and then pour onto sheet pan.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of roasting, temp your chicken cubes. The chicken should read 165 degrees F to be considered cooked. I ALWAYS temp the largest cube of chicken, because if that one hits our proper cooking temperature then the smaller ones will too.
- Ok, back to our rice. It should be done cooking by now. Just give the rice a small stir to help break up and or fluff up the rice.
- Time to build our pre-made meals. The meal container I like to use holds 1 serving size perfectly. Add 1 cup of rice to the bottom of each container. Then evenly distribute the veggies and chicken over the rice. There you have it...four HEALTHY meals for the work week.
- I'm adding a link to the meal containers if you want to purchase them below. Also, my grocery store has the same containers for the salad bar....so just get a healthy salad one night and wash the container if you don't want to buy them.
Leave a Reply