This salad came to me after being canceled from work on a rainy afternoon. I needed something refreshing and tasty without a lot of calories. Let me tell you this is the lunch or dinner you will fall in love with! ***TIP: if you are just making this for one person, cut the salad ingredients in half.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- 6 deli slices prosciutto rolled and sliced into pinwheels
- 1/2 sliced bosc pear brown pears
- 1/2-1 bag arugula
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese I like stilton blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice fresh
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Add all your ingredients into a mason jar, or tupperware container and give it a good shake. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes while making the salad.
- Start by placing the arugula in a mixing bowl, if making for more than one person. If it is just for yourself, don't dirty a mixing bowl, place it on a plate or large bowl you will eat from.
- Slice your pear, and avocado into thin strips. Place it on the arugula.
- With my prosciutto I rolled it, and cut it four times into what us midwesterners call pinwheels. Each cut is about 1 inch wide allowing you to get the perfect salty bite when eating this salad. After rolling and cutting, add those to the arugula mix.
- Finally, pull out your wedge of blue cheese. Take a fork and start scraping crumbles off the wedge. This technique is so much easier than trying to cut into the wedge to make crumbles. Add the blue cheese to our salad mixture.
- Last but not least add a couple tablespoons of your grapefruit vinaigrette to the salad. This is a sweet and sour dressing to complement the saltiness from the prosciutto and blue cheese. Start with less, because you can always add more if needed. ***TIP: your dressing will separate while cooling, so make sure you give it a good shake before using on your salad.
Leave a Reply