|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3/4 cups butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz milk chocolate chips
- I want to start out by saying these are literally THE BEST cookies you will ever make. So good I made over 50 dozen for Tanners teammates during the NY Jets training camp. Yep, that isn't a typo....50 DOZEN plus. Needless to say the word got out and I was busy! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as they did.
- To bake the cookies lets start out by turning our oven on to 350 degrees F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. ***TIP: foil will burn the bottom of your cookies, ALWAYS use parchment paper.
- You can either use a standing mixer or a hand held mixer to make these. To my standing mixer I add butter and sugar to the bowl. Cream those together for 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Next add your egg and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Mix that for 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- While that is mixing find a small mixing bowl and add your dry ingredients to it...flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture until it is all combined.
- Finally stir in your chocolate chips, or turn your mixer on low and slowly pour them into the cookie mixture.
- When placing the cookie dough on the parchment paper, I normally drop about a tablespoon size worth of dough onto the paper. These cookies hold their shape pretty well, so you don't have to worry about them running into each other while baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place cookies onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!!!
- Big Ben...aka cookie monster!
- Tez and Tanner taking time after practice with some of our kids from our youth football camp! I would say Tez earned the extra cookies.
Leave a Reply