|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 hours|
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 T taco seasoning heaping tablespoons
- 10 oz rotel original
- 4.5 oz diced green chiles
- 1 white onion diced
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt salt to your taste
- Hello all! I made this recipe actually overnight because I had to take something for a potluck lunch to work the next day. This was the EASIEST meal I have ever brought to a potluck, and I had a ton of compliments on it. It also makes for an easy dinner when you have family in town...I've used it many times!
- Ok, lets get the ball rolling. Grab your trusty crock pot (slow cooker).
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle over the taco seasoning. ***TIP: Normally you can get 3 T out of a packet of taco seasoning you buy at the store.
- Next dump the entire can of rotel in, yes juice and all. Follow that with the can of green chiles, and yep you guessed it juice and all with those too!
- Finally top everything off with your diced white onion and put the lid on. Cook everything on medium or if you have a timer over 6-8 hours. Yes, this does take a while to cook so if you are making it for dinner start it no later than 10am to have a 6 o'clock dinner. Or in my case I started it at 9pm so it was ready for me to take to work when I got up at 5am.
- Ok, after the eight hours of cooking and you house smelling like the taco angel gods have came to your house it is time to shred the chicken. Take two forks and just start going to town. ***TIP: Shred the chicken in the crock pot so it soaks up all the juices it has created over the 8 hours of cooking.
- Last but not least it is time to season the shredded chicken. I normally taste the meat first before I just start dumping in salt. Give it a taste and use your best judgement on how much you think needs to be added. Then add your cumin and fresh cilantro. Give everything a big toss and there you have it...pulled chicken tacos!!!
- Below I'm going to attach my pico and avocado green sauce recipe. These two things go perfectly with the chicken tacos.
These are the best crock pots ever!! NEVER worry about spilling again.
Leave a Reply